Have a look at 10 Best Voice Amplifiers [2021 Reviews]
We use our voice to interact daily with our peers. If you're a classroom teacher or anyone who has to talk often to the crowds, the background noises may sometimes muffle up your voice. Add to that the constant strain on your voice box from flexing those vocal cords too much and you have a vocal disorder looming ahead.
Most speakers and presenters make speaking to their audiences a lot more comfortable by bringing in microphones or a portable voice amplifier with them. The problem is - there's an endless variety out there with many features and if you're strapped for time, shopping for one can get quickly daunting. Luckily, we've made it easy for you.
We've handpicked a list of the best voice amplifiers out there. Whether you intend to get an amplifier for outdoor use, the classroom, or for your home, there is a model that is suited for every kind of use. Here is our list of top picks below.
TOP RATED PORTABLE VOICE AMPLIFIERS
1. WinBridge WB001 Portable Small Amplifier
WinBridge WB001 Portable PA System is designed for hosting presentations, lectures, teaching, and for the elderly as well. It is ideal for smaller groups and for anyone who wants to bump up their vocal volume. It's very friendly to kids and the elderly and is extremely easy to use. In fact, you don't even need the user manual since the interface is so simple!
You get an adjustable microphone headset with it and we think the best part about it is the unique gooseneck design which lets you position the speaker near your mouth. The headset is also sturdy and not flaky, which means its more durable and lasts longer. It's pretty easy to set up too.
- It is really powerful when it comes to amplifying your vocal volume
- Since it is a small amplifier, it's lightweight and easy to carry around
- You can wear it around the neck using the belt strap which comes with clips for attaching
- Its lithium battery is rechargeable and offers up to 5 to 8 hours of continuous use
- The only con we could think of is the warranty period which lasts one year but the good news is you get free lifetime technical support after purchase
2. ZOWEETEK Voice Amplifier with UHF Wireless Microphone Headset
This voice amplifier works great as a basic personal PA system. Just keep it two to three inches away from your mouth and press the "M" button to get the blue lights blinking. You can pair it with Bluetooth devices and the range for audio amplification is pretty good. The volume controls are on the headset and the speaker also supports microSD cards in it. It's ideal for using outdoors and it comes with rechargeable batteries.
If you have a hard time speaking loudly and need something to amplify your voice in a soft but crystal clear way, then this is perfect. You can also use it as a wired speaker and it supports playing music files in the background too for an added touch.
- It's a voice amplifier for teachers with a battery life that lasts between 8 to 15 hours
- You can use it in different locations like classrooms, gym classes, and outdoors
- It also has a removable wireless ear hook and uses wireless transmission technology, letting you use it completely hands-free
- Battery life for the microphone is only 3 to 5 hours
- The transmitter may cut off when you turn your head away from the speaker
3. SHIDU Personal Speaker and Portable Voice Amplifier
SHIDU has done an excellent job of crafting a decent voice amplifier. If you are looking for a gadget that helps you speak clearly in classroom settings, this would be the one. It has an adjustable waistband and a rotatable, detachable clip - which means you can wear it around your neck, shoulders, waist, and use the clip to latch it onto your belt.
It's super cute and lightweight, making it not only attractive to look at but easy to take it anywhere with you. You can also use it as a music player and it amplifies your voice with crystal clear sound at an output of 10 W.
- The microphone and headset are adjustable and you can wear it comfortably by adjusting their distance from your mouth
- You can use the TF card slot and its USB flash disk port to use it as a mini karaoke system
- It's portable, lightweight, hands-free, and ideal for use in crowded rooms
- It may give high-pitched feedback when the headset and speaker are not too far apart
- Some users complained that wearing the headset is a bit uncomfortable
4. WINBRIDGE Voice Amplifier Portable Microphone and Speaker
What we like about this WINBRIDGE Voice Amplifier is how it's designed to be used for giving speeches, presentations, and lectures in meetings. It is ideal for small groups and can be worn around the waist area. The sound is crisp and there's no distortion in the audio. The strap it comes along with is also adjustable and the loudspeaker features a 1050 mAh rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. The battery for the speaker lasts for about 6 to 8 hours and you can charge the unit using a USB cable too.
- It comes with a built-in rechargeable battery and takes only 3 to 5 hours to fully charge
- The amplifier can be used for playing music and supports mp3 files on a microSD card and USB flash drive
- It can loop music, switch songs, and provides crystal clear audio clarity during transmissions
- The music volume can sometimes go down when using the microphone at the same time
- It is not ideal for use in larger crowds or noisy areas
5. SHIDU Portable Voice Amplifier with Ultralight Rechargeable Mini PA Speaker
If you're tired of raising your voice in large crowds or meetings, then the SHIDU S258 Portable Voice Amplifier won't disappoint you. You can use it in rugged environments and it features a double-shielded cable with a wired microphone. We liked the silicone rubber keypad which looks stylish and makes it very convenient to use. The best part is that the amplifier is made using high-quality ABS material, making it only durable but also resistant to wear and tear.
If you need an amplifier for bus tours or walking tours, you can rely on this since it's ideal for use in noisy environments. And recharging it is as easy as plugging in the USB cord and charging it. You can adjust the volume settings based on your needs and the speaker weighs only 5 lbs.
- Lightweight speaker with adjustable volume settings make it a crowd-favorite
- It has very minimal feedback and you won't face any echo issues
- It can be used hands-free and the strap is very comfortable
- The speaker pieces move around a bit when you wear it and they don't stay still
6. ARCHEER Portable PA Speaker System with Bluetooth and Microphone
ARCHEER Portable PA Speaker System is a travel companion that's meant for outdoor use. Be it singing, public gatherings, picnics, or any activity that involves moving around, this wireless voice amplifier is perfect for meeting your requirements.
You can use the AUX input to stream music from your laptop and the speakers provide a good range for the transmission. The volume controls are easy to use as well and it also features Bluetooth compatibility which means you can use other devices with it.
- It's a compact portable voice amplifier which can be used for singing an karaoke
- There are separate volume controls, microphone options, and provides a good bass output
- It has a built-in 2400mAh rechargeable battery that lasts between 4 to 8 hours and is compatible with Bluetooth
- The user guide is a bit difficult to understand since it is translated from Chinese
- The audio cable could have been a bit longer
7. SHIDU Wireless Voice Amplifier
With a superb range of up to 5,000 square feet and a vocal output of 10 Watts, SHIDU's UHF voice amplifier has been touted by many in the industry. We'd go so far to say that it's the best mini voice amplifier when considering its compact size and performance. It has a back detachable clip which makes it wearing around your neck and waist easy.
The working time for the model is 12 to 15 hours and it has a musical mode that lasts between 8 to 10 hours. What we like about SHIDU also is how they give you a full refund or replacement if you're not happy with the product.
- Easy to use straight from the box without needing the manual
- It has a 2-in-1 removable UHF wireless microphone that activates an auto-sleep feature when not in use
- It's ideal for producing a high-powered and clear sound and is ideal for the elderly and teachers
- The charger is not included with the unit but it does support USB cable charging
- The wireless unit sometimes gives a lot of static and cuts out at intervals for some units
8. MAONO Voice Amplifier
A powerful and pocket-friendly voice amplifier that's designed to protect your voice, the Maono voice amplifier offers a range of features and is extremely easy to use. It's perfect for teaching primary or pre-K kids and mostly used by music teachers. If you have medical conditions like spasmodic dysphonia, you can use it to make your voice heard clearly.
Kids can play with its mini karaoke system and there is an FM radio feature too. The 3.5mm audio cable lets you connect it to your smartphones, desktops, and mp3 players. You can also use TF cards with this model and it can loop music.
- It features a beautiful and minimalistic design that makes it easy to use
- It is radiation-free, has an AUX input, and comes with a 3.5 mm jack
- You can use it hands-free and the amplifier be charged inside cars too
- The battery life is 10 hours and could have been a bit longer
9. SHIDU M800 Wireless Voice Amplifier with Waterproof Powerbank
This is a powerful portable amplifier for those who want crystal clear audio during meetings, public addresses, and conferences. The cases are made from silicone material and the amplifier is rugged for tough environments since it's dust-proof and shockproof. It's ideal for tour guides and the audio is clear even if you whisper into it. Inside the package, you will find a microphone charging cable, SV plug, waistband, and a user manual. We would recommend this if you are looking for a sound output of 18 W and need a range of more than 80 feet away.
- You can record your favorite songs and lectures by using the USB driver or by inserting a TF Card
- It is ideal for all kinds of outdoor activities like off-road tours, community promotions. hosting presentations, etc.
- It is IPX5-waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and can stream music wirelessly to up to a distance of 50 feet
- It's not a completely wireless model since it has a wired headset microphone
- It has a bit of weight to it
Things to consider before buying a VOICE AMPLIFIER
Before you go ahead and buy a voice amplifier, there are certain features you want to look into. They are-
- Battery Life - Ask yourself how long you intend to use it. If you're a medical professional, you may be okay charging the battery every 2 to 3 hours. However, if you work in professions that demand prolonged use of your voice, then an amplifier with a longer battery life will be optimal. Then there's the aspect of rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries too. Some amplifiers also have the option of charging via USB while some feature removable batteries that may or may not be rechargeable.
- Size and Form Factor - This often goes overlooked but size does matter. Ask yourself how you want to wear it or where you'll be placing the device. Depending on that, you can select the right size and form. Watch out for the adjustable bands and straps that come with these products. See if they are adjustable or not.
- Think Range - How far you want your voice to reach is another important factor. The different sound wattage ratings in models will give you a good idea of the range. Think about if you intend to use the amplifier with small groups of people or larger crowds. This will help you make better buying decisions.
- Other Factors - Other factors you may want to consider when you shop for a voice amplifier is where you intend to use it. If you plan to speak outdoors or need an amplifier that is resistant to bad weather conditions, then going for models that are waterproof are ideal.
- Wired or Wireless - Last, but not least, you may want to think about going wireless. Wired amplifiers are also useful if you're trying to buy on a budget but the extra cost is worth it. Wireless amplifiers can be moved around easily and if you plan to walk around a lot, you may skip the wired options.
As we said before, choosing the right amplifier may seem like a tough choice. But after you have a rough idea of your requirements or know what you're looking for (based on your needs), shopping for one becomes easy.
Our final recommendation
The kind of voice amplifier you should go for will fully depend on your environment and needs. If you speak in smaller groups, then the lightweight and mini voice amplifiers from the SHIDU brand are the best. If you travel a lot and need a PA speaker system that works long hours, then going for a voice amplifier that is rugged is ideal.
The cool part about these products is how they pack additional features like USB and microSD ports with the karaoke systems. The design does matter and you don't want a voice amplifier that doesn't look elegant when delivering speeches or presentations since people do notice.
If there was one product we'd recommend for all-round use, it would be the SHIDU M800 Wireless Voice Amplifier with Power-bank by W WinBridge.
This is because it's rugged and can be used anywhere, even in extreme weather conditions. It's one of the few voice amplifiers in the industry that is shock-proof, waterproof, and delivers a nice range for the audio transmission. The speaker and headset units also work wirelessly and you can use it on the go while traveling without worrying about holding back. Granted, it's a bit heavier than the other amplifiers on our list but what it offers for the pricing and convenience makes it totally worth it.
Now that you're aware of the different types of voice amplifiers out there, you can decide on which product you want to go for. Always remember to think of the distance coverage for transmissions and battery life first.
Your day-to-day needs and comfort factor will help you decide on what features you are looking for from these amplifiers. And that's it.